Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF...Cosina RF..Good News...Bad News
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:08:21 -0800

From what two friends who have seen  Hexar prototypes have told me, I am
not sure the Hexar will turn out to be M6 competition after all.
potential not so hot selling points are

1) a Rangefinder/Viewfinder described as much poorer than the M6
2) a motor/shutter combination described as much nosier than the M6
3) no TTL flash  (confirmed by Hexar brochure)
4) .6 finder magnification, which means less focusing accuracy, which
becomes very important with a not so great finder
5) dead battery means dead camera

if  the finder and advance are not improved over the prototypes,  it may
become another  noteworthy Konica made footnote to camera design

I  think the Cosina made Voigtlander Rangefinder will  clean up  in
sales, in whatever mount it appears in (M or LTM), if it succeeds in
selling for 1/4 to 1/3 of a M6.   One of the guys who didn't like the
Hexar finder said that the Cosina finder was much better.

Stephen Gandy