Subject: [Leica] The Fat Lady Could Have a Sore Throat for the next Century.
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:18:12 EST

In a message dated 11/11/99 12:04:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< In reality, this is probably Herr Cohns last chance to
 turn this thing around.  The longer he waits, the
 harder it is to do...and make no mistake about it,
 there is a point of no return.  The best indicator of
 how well Herr Cohn is doing will be the price of
 Leica's stock.  If the stock continues to fall...the
 fat lady will sing...guaranteed.>>
I've never seen this Hexar RF. If it is in any way AF and battery dependent,
it ain't no Leica and never will be. And that will be true of any new Nikon
RF as well. For then the Leica exclusivity will remain.

My standard for Leica isn't electronic gadgetry. It's the constant
improvement of Leica lenses and M body precision and ruggedness. Even now,
Leica sets the standard by which all other lenses are judged.

The tenor of your post is really about a reduction in the price of Leica
equipment. Frankly, I'd like to buy Leica lenses for the price of Canon
objectives. I know that will never happen.

Bob