Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digital Inks
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:53:28 -0500

> I can't speak for Tina, but...
>
> In essence one shouldn't "compare" digital prints of scanned negatives and
> standard photo prints any more than one should "compare" a silk
> screen print
> and a woodblock print. Each is a different art form. While you may not
> believe it, there are people who will prefer a good quality
> digital print on
> 136 pound hot-pressed water color paper to a top quality silver print on
> fiber paper. Among other reasons for this is the fact that to
> most people, a
> photo print is a photo print is a photo print, but the digital print,
> particularly on a paper stock one doesn't normally associate with
> photography, is a new visual experience.

	I agree completely with the idea that a digital print is its own unique art
form and fully respect it as such. With regard to photography, there is
nothing preventing one from coating one's paper of choice with a
photographic emulsion e.g. silver, platinum, palladium. But your point is
well taken.

Jonathan Borden