Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digital Inks
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:30:38 -0500

Tina Manley wrote:
> 120 years is pretty archival.  The results are absolutely beautiful and
> this is only the beginning.  New inks and papers are appearing every
> day.  I make Ilfochromes and toned silver B&W, but I'm selling
> more digital
> prints now than darkroom prints.  Check out the Epson e-mail list and I
> think you'll be surprised at how advanced digital inks and prints are.
>
> Tina

	Do you sell your digital prints for the same as your photographs? Are there
alot of people who actually *prefer* an inkjet print to an Ilfochrome? Would
any self respecting museum or art gallery agree? I suspect that the digital
prints are in fact *good enough* to justify what I assume is a considerably
lower cost.

	Nowadays, I view most movies on our VCR and perhaps I'll move to DVD (for
an actual quality upgrade) but I don't kid myself that the quality of the
picture is as good as the quality of a film in a theater. Convenience and
cost are worth alot. Sort of like a T2 vs. an M3, sure they both take great
photos, but which do you really want?

Jonathan Borden