Subject: RE: [Leica] Viability of Leica; my 2 cents
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:03:37 -0000

> > if I were Herr Cohen ( hopefully,correct spelling;-)! Advertising
> > issues aside :-)!
> >
> It's spelt "Herr Colen". just one letter off! :)
> Mark Rabiner

Oh Ho! Ho! Ho! Mark. You're so funny. ;-)...Of course it was Cohen at some
point...First it was something like Kolinsky, back when they fled the
Cosacks and the Czar's draft...passed through Poland and Germany, ended up
in England. Changed it to Cohen. Came to this country and discovered that
every former European Jew was a Cohen or a Levy, so they changed it to
Colen. And we were about the only Colen's in existance, until all the Colons
from Puerto Rico and similar spots began to change their names to Colen, and
now there are zillions of Colens, none of whom it is leicaly I'm related to.

(NOTE THE USE OF LEICALY? THAT MAKES THIS ON TOPIC.) :=)