Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Inks
From: ottmar-x@t-online.de (Keith Bingman)
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 23:01:43 +0100

> Lyson makes archival inks for the epson stylus 3000 as do several other
> companies. Refer to CameraArts April/May 1999 and June/July 1999 issues for
> some good articles on digital printing. I have not used Epson inks since I
> got the stylus 3000. I believe that there are archival inks under
> development or currently available for the lower end Epson printers.  The
> longevity of these inks matches that of traditional photographic prints.
>
> Debby Dion

Lyson makes inks for the 1200/750 series as well as the 700/EX series.
Apparently they did not do as well as the same inks for the 3000 series in
recent longevity test by Henry Wilhelm, but they still considerably outperform
the Epson inks (and match C prints...). I think the inks are sold under the
"Luminos" label in the States.

MIS Supplies also makes inks for most of the Epson line up including B/W
Quadtones.

Keith Bingman
Riedheim, Germany