Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] artistic intention and lens performance
From: Mmermag@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:44:32 EST

The reason we all don't run around with 'Brownies' is because some  people do
care to study and develop lens design and testing.

Mike

In a message dated 11/9/99, 3:26:50 PM, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
writes:
<<in,

You postulate an interesting point, but if an image is good it does not
matter if it were shot with a Brownie or a Leica.  Shooting with the Leica
of course will result in a sharper picture, but a good image is a good
image.  I know I have said this before, but a famous photographer by the
name of Alfred Eisenstaedt was once asked about how he tested lenses.
He replied, "I take pictures with them; if I like the results, I keep them."

Lens tests only serve the audience interested in them and do not improve the
content of the image.

Peter K>>