Subject: RE: [Leica] Who is Natalie Merchant?
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:21:56 -0500

She's a very interesting singer/songwriter, who fronted a band called
"10,000 Maniacs" until the mid 90's, when she left to pursue an independent
career. Hir first solo album, "Tigerlily" had a track, which was also a
single, called "Carnival",  with an associated video featuring the utterly
delectable Ms. Merchant street shooting with her M3. And the use of the M3
in that way fit perfectly with the song.

Her songwriting work touches and captures the human sensibilities in a
similar way to work of the best of M-users, from whimsical observations of
the human condition, to very focused and compelling arguments on some truly
absurd and insane aspects of being human. Ane most things in between.
Socially commited to, and involved in,  changing things for the better.

But, I don't think she belongs to any listserver group to agonize over which
type of a particular pencil brand best enables her to write down the words
and music. :=)

Alistair