Subject: Re: [Leica] scientific lens testing is ridiculous?
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 07:31:55 -0900

You wrote

It is good that there are those who like the scientific approach so the
human
race may advance and it is good that there are those who have a special
artistic flare so we may have beautiful things.  Now all we need is just
more
understanding between the two

But you miss the whole point from the technical point of view.   A LEICA
LENS IS A BEAUTIFUL THING.....as are most things (objects to
touch...smell...feel...view) that superb craftsmen create.

From the TECHNICAL point of view a GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER is first and foremost
an accomplished CRAFTSMAN....The art follows the craftsman...and the
corollary is very seldom true.

Dave