Subject: Re: [Leica] M6: #1 with Mark
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:50:37 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:
><Snip>
> What a smart idea! Actually *trying* an M camera! And to think that such
> a novel approach had never occurred to me...you'd think I would have
> thought to try something like that, especially during the years that I
> owned nothing but an M camera! Thank you so much for the suggestion.
> You're a helpful fellow, Mark, sage, knowledgable, and so remarkably
> well versed in the very things I do for a living.

Mike I do remember you saying that you had experience with M's. But you spoke of
this experience as if in the distant past. Since then the cameras you have been
using have been the cameras you have been testing. Have you tested the M6? It's
been out since '84 I think. The people who are in the know say it's complete
junk but hey! Mine just keeps shooting roll after roll into the hundreds for 6.5
years and I occasiolly drop it on the sidewalk just to wake it up!
M6 photography with it's built in meter is a slightly different kettle of fish
than separate of add on meters which are the cameras I beleive you've had
experience with (the M3,4)
Mark Rabiner

This Post and my last don't seem particularly harsh, crass or rude I think I'm
just typing plain English, not a note to my Sunday School Teacher but no big deal.
This is the LUG the Leica Users Group. The U stands for "USERS"
not" I don't USE it and you shouldn't either."
Mark Rabiner