Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M Johnston lens rant
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:36:47 -0000

Mark - While I wouldn't for an instant argue with your conclusion that in
real life it's often difficult to tell what was shot with the Leica lenses
and what was shot with the Olympus glass. And while I, too, am a fan of the
Om3-4 system, I am a bit puzzled by the fact that you essentially use the M
only to carry an assortment of 50 mm lenses, while you use the OM for both
wides and short teles. Granted, a 90 or 100 probably makes more sense on a
reflex than on an M, but a wide? I know the 21 f 2 on the OM is a terrific
lens, but no way in hell - other than in terms of the extra stop, does it
beat the 21 ASPH, either in terms of optical quality or ease of focus.

B. D.