Subject: Re: [Leica] suburbs
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:40:38 EST

<<> then on most of us up and coming photographers in Portland although he
shot in
> color and was from the South.>>

The tricycle was by William Eggleston.  Suburbia by Bill Owens was all black
and white is worth tracking down.  This thread made me pull it off the shelf
for another look.  It reminds me of Schaumburg.  It is being reissued from
new prints and according to Owens (I read an interview with him somewhere
recently) they are much better than the old prints.  I have a feeling that
the price may be more than $6.95 that I paid in 1973.  He only earned about
$1000 from the first edition and hasn't done much photography since.  He had
to earn a living instead.

All the best,
Richard Wasserman