Subject: [Leica] suburbs
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 09:51:16 +0000

> The tricycle in the drive way? That was William Estleman? something like that.
> guy discovered by John Szarcowski of the Meuserm of Modern Art. A huge
influence
> then on most of us up and coming photographers in Portland although he shot in
> color and was from the South.

The tricycle is Garry Winogrand, I think!

Who WAS the guy we're talking about? Definitely a Szarkowski prodigy. I
remember an interview with him where he said something like he had
discovered that all of suburban america was a little bit drunk in the
evening.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"One is ashamed to want so much for oneself - but how else are you going to
justify your failure and your effort?" - Robert Frank