Subject: [Leica] Philadelphia Leica Users, or Soon to Be Users, Meeting Tomorrow Night In Old City
From: "Jim Shulman" <garcia@chesco.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:56:13 -0500

Hello Pluggers,
  The Philadelphia Leica Users Group plans to descend on First Friday and
either take pictures of stuff or just make a lot of noise and get kicked out
of someplace.
  For those of you who don't know (and I can't imaging who that may be)
First Friday is when all of the art galleries in Olde City are open in the
evening and there's free food and booze.
  Let's meet at 3rd Street Gallery, at 6:30 on Friday. 3rd Street Gallery is
actually on SECOND STREET 1 block north of 2nd and Market on 2nd st. It's
right next to MUSE and across from the Artists House. The only reason I
picked 3rd St. Gallery is because they usually have lots of food and we
might not mind waiting there for 20 minutes for stray Pluggers. After that,
at some time during the evening I have to drop by Gallery Alexi and swing my
portfolio around at Alexi. Pluggers, wouldn't hurt to bring yours too.
Alexi's having a photography show in Februrary and anyway we'd all like to
look at each other's stuff over single malt scotch or something (I'm sure.)
  If the weather's nice, I'll probably hang outside the gallery, there's
always a bunch of yahoos milling about there. Look for the folks with the
Leica's -- if they're not us, we'll beat them up and take their Leica's. Jim
Shulman though will not be bringing a leica as he does not own one.
Therefore we must all pressure him to buy one throught the evening. Along
the lines of:

  "Hey, shall we go to dinner now?"
  "When Jim gets a Leica!"

  My cell phone number is 215.470.1003 -- I'll try and remember to bring it
with me and leave it on.

  Take care kids, hope to see you friday. Bring your film.

Kyle

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/plug