Subject: [Leica] Lemon Camera
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 07:17:34 +1100

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
If you were starting a camera store, would you call
it Lemon Co., Ltd.?  Maybe they heard about my car
and have me spotted as the ideal customer.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

G'day Robert,

Lemon Camera are one of the biggest and most professional operations I've
had the pleasure to deal with. Individual attention and wonderful staff.
This did not however stop them from selling me a "lemon" R8 18 months ago,
so in answer to your question, NO, I would not call a camera store Lemon,
but when I was in New Orleans, I wondered why the old traditional houses
had baskets of lemons on the tables, and was told that it was a sign of
wealth and welcoming, so perhaps the humble Lemon has "import" in Japan ---
I must ask when I'm there in 4 days time ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin