Subject: [Leica] More that of more of an all day camera
From: Richard Edwards <REdwards@Vetronix.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:44:53 -0800

Could this be the motto of the Leica M user? Translate this into Latin, then
get it engraved on the top plate of the M6:

Leica M6: More that of more of an all-day camera.

(You'll have to imagine the Latin translation, since one has to understand
the English in order to translate to Latin, which rules me out as
translator.)

I started selling all my non-LeicaM gear when I discovered that I could
carry a body and three lenses around and forget I they were on my person.
Can't do that with an SLR and one lens.

I am not speaking of something like a 75 Summilux, though. It's smaller than
most SLR lenses, but can you forget it's there? I'm saving for one at
$5/week, so in 8-10 years I'll know.

- -Al

	There are two categories of fast lenses we are talking about here on
the M system.
	The 50 and 35 Summilux which are an increment bigger and heavier
than their
	Summicron counterparts.
	And the special purpose big guns like the Noctilux and the 75 which
are not
	normally thought of as what you'd have on your camera all day out on
the town.
	I've got nothing against them.
	It's just my particular concept of the M6 SO FAR is more that of
more of an all
	day "have with me" camera.
	Mark Rabiner:)