Subject: [Leica] LFI "This is Our Work!"
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:56:05 -0800

Hi folks,

Well I guess I have to say I'm happier than a couple of cozy clams in one
shell!:)

I Just received a copy of LFI 7/99  containing a spread on my book, "This
is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler."

A pleasant surprise, although I had received e-mail from a couple of German
LUG friends a few weeks ago that it was published, I had no idea what was
selected from the contents of the book.

The images in LFI were all scanned directly from page reproductions, so it
kind of gives you an idea of the original printed images and of the quality
the book.

It's not very often one sees a 6 page layout in LFI by one photographer and
his or her project, so I feel quite honoured with the space they allotted
to the story. The important thing for me is, it illustrates the quality of
Leica glass when working entirely with available light under varying light
level conditions and contrasts.

Now, maybe some of you will understand why I'm not a big fan of twinkie
flash.:)

Which brings me to an interesting incident this past week. I was shooting
and I was asked, "how can you take pictures when there isn't any light?" My
answer was, "you can see him can't you?" "yes the questioner answered.
"Well then I can photograph him. it's that simple." And when on with my
picture taking.

It's like, if you can see it, you can shoot it! Never could understand what
is so difficult about that.

A little side note from my trusty assistant who rarely goes anywhere
without her M6 & 35 1,4 asph. but did yesterday, much to her sorrow! Missed
the picture of the year in stade old Victoria, where she encountered a
completely naked guy prancing along the middle of a main street while she
drove by.

To say the least she was not a happy camper when she arrived at the office! :)

But has vowed she'll never go anywhere out of the house ever again without
it. We've all said that at sometime or another, some of us more than once!:)

the happy clam! :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant