Subject: [Leica] Re: DR a bargain??
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:27:03 -0700

On 3 Nov 99, Marc James Small wrote, at least in part:

> No humour was intended.  With an SLR, you're stuck with a big, clunky,
> noisy, shaky camera, lacking the tight precision of even a mediocre RF
> design.  Besides, my aging eyes can no longer focus accurately with an SLR
> but do just fine with a rangefinder.

Oh, but there's humor taken. It *is* humorous that because his
eyes won't allow proper use, Marc feels comfortable in castigating
an entire category of photographic instruments that, in the
capable hands of those with normal eyes, are producing great
images and making a living for their owners, not to mention being
the odds on choice of the wanabes and tyros.

Alas, again, Marc is right and the world...

- --
Roger
Mailto:roger@beamon.org