Subject: [Leica] Re: OT:Kodak, Jobo's and other anomalies
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:32:17 -0700

At 06:33 AM 11/3/99 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>As you can see I've generated a huge response from this shameless troll and I
>had forgotten about how it does your sheet film. That sounds maybe ok too
>(other
>then the color) because I think sheet film has such latitude that could not be
>screwed up by continuous agitation. E6 seems like too much trouble and lacking
>in consistance without test strips. Do you feel you are able to get the same
>repeatable consitancy as a Lab. Then you have to mount them! Seems like a lab
>would be worth it.
>Mark Rabiner

I used to do all of my 35mm E6 in my Wilkinson automatic processor. Ten
rolls at a time. But then... you have to mount them. And I didn't want to
spend the kilobucks necessary for an automatic mounter. A couple of runs of
10 rolls equals over 700 slides to mount. Not fun by hand. Calypso Imaging
now processes my 35mm E6. Two hour turn around. Numbered and date stamped.
Wonderful.

Jim