Subject: Re: [Leica] NYC with Leica m6?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 11:59:20 -0800

Skip Williams wrote:

> The 75 seems like an awfully big lens to travel with.  A 35/90 combo or a
> 50 might be more suitable.  I don't worry about carrying my M6 in the
> "city".  Just keep it with you at all times, i.e., don't leave it in your
> room, car, etc.  I'd put it around my neck on a short strap or in my hand
> with the strap wrapped around my wrist for picture taking.  The
> over-the-shoulder carry is not prudent.  Also, use normal intelligence and
> safe behavior when strolling around NYC and you'll have a good time.
>
> Skip
>
>    At 11/2/99 10:12 PM  +0700, you wrote:
> >I will be in NYC this November for a business trip.
> >
> >Is it save to travel with my Leica M6 and 75 Summilux, or should I just
> >bring my Nikon 35Ti?
> >
> >Please I need some advice, such as how to travel with my Leica and feel save.
> >

> >Regards,
> >Jerry S. Justianto

If the only lenses you get for your M6 are the big mothers you are not giving
the camera a shot at being what it be's best. A compact unobtrusive carry around
camera. Plenty of people take their M6's everywhere. I take mine to the movies.
I forget it's on my belt. But with one of the many dominant compact lenses.
Lighten up! Get a 50 or 35 Summicron and find out what Leica is all about! It's
about having the camera with you. It doesn't work as well sitting at home.
Mark Rabiner