Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V13 #7
From: "Jim Licquia" <licquia@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:10:59 -0600

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 11:21:28 -0000
From: Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Subject: [Leica] Leica shopping advice for visit to Chicago?

I'm going to be making a brief visit to Chicago in a couple of weeks time
and I wondered whether anybody has some advice about Leica shopping.

... or was Chicago Leica-dom stripped bare by the recent LHSA hordes?

Simon,
London.

Simon,

Try Central Camera on Wabash and ask for Don Flesch, the owner. Also, Helix
on Racine is worth a try as is Oak Park Camera on Lake Street in Oak Park
(ask for my friend Josh Hawkins and use my name if you like.

I'm afraid IMHO that you will not find Leica stores in Chicago of the
caliber and selection that you have available in London, specifically in
Pied Bull Yard. Jessops and Classic Camera and the other one whose name I
cannot recall are really in a class by themselves. Also, my feeling was that
prices for used Leica gear were significantly less in London than over here.
Much of the equipment I looked and bought was on consignment from
individuals.

Welcome to Chicago, Simon. Hope you enjoy our truly great city.

Regards,

Jim Licquia