Subject: RE: [Leica] a few more on my web page
From: "eno!" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 22:44:28 -0500

Please don't try and judge sharpness by these images.  From the slides and
negatives I have produced so far, the new 90 is every bit as sharp as the
75, perhaps sharper. And much much sharper than the poor, dull images that
appear on my web page.

As far as bokeh goes, I am still undecided.  I am not absolutely sure of
which lens opening I was using when I took the photo of the woman with the
white veil.   This was the first time I was using the lens, and I was still
avoiding using the lens wide open.  I have since learned that the lens is
perfectly usable at f2, but it is normally instinctual with me to close
down whenever possible.  So, the shot may have been at 2.4 or 2.8.  In
general the bokeh of the lens seems quite smooth.  Perhaps not as smooth as
the 75; I plan on doing some more testing of this without perhaps using
both lenses with the same subject.  I much prefer the perspective and
shooting distance of a 90mm lens over shorter focal lengths.  And...the
single 90mm frameline of the HM is a definite plus.  And...the new 90 is
more compact and a bit lighter than the 75.

<SNIP>
Dan C.

It's hard to make definitive statements from the pages of course.  The 90
seems to 'glow'!  It's an improvement.  Of what I don't know. Sharp yet
smooth, seems continuous in a way.