Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash info. and more
From: "eno!" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:57:51 -0500

From: Deborah Dion <dkdion@home.com>

Thanks for the metz post. I actually found a bounce diffuserpart # for the
Metz 32 on the poorly designed web site. The LUG is helpful. I am using my
newly acquired FM2T body with the nikkor 85mm f1.4 lens. I have gotten two
memorable photos with it. (Only have shot 3-4 rolls so far and am still in
R7 withdrawal). I think that I really need a light meter for the Fm2; the
meter isn't as good as the M6 meter. Also logic would say to me to add to
the M6 bag and forget the SLRs since I do mostly street and travel
photography, some still-life, some events. I have  28mm f2.8, 50mm f2 and
90mm f2.6 M lenses and an M6 body (non TTL). Can't decide if I should add
the 35mm f2 lens or a second body (TTL with same viewfinder as my current
one). Any suggestions? I miss a 35 when shooting building facades from
sidewalk distance.
Debby Dion

R7 withdrawal - and what went with that?  I would guess some R lenses... In
plain old opinion, I think the transition from R7 to the nikkor stuff is not
a move in the advanced embracement of SLR photography.  Yes, I know there's
argument here.  Nevertheless, the R system, in it's better configurations is
"better" than any other SLR stuff out there.  (I say this partially because
someone needs to say it, and also to pose threat to the Nikan and Canan
'pros' who find them so superior) But also if logic tells you it 'taint
right, then maybe, I guess, this indicates that R7, or any other SLR is just
not what you want now (the stuff I'd think is 'good' enough).  My suggestion
(i.e. take it with less than a grain of salt) is to open up the M bags, and
get what you can.  I can't think of a better, or safer pick than the 35
'cron asph.   A body?  Throw a body in too TTL!  You can't go wrong with
this stuff, unless you think logically about other things that are
indirectly related (like money or something)  I couldn't get rid of my R7  -
I see the 6.2 and R8 together as options, as if the R7 were some
intermediate test...  The R8 is the intermediate of...something.  But this
is besides the point.
ena