Subject: Re: [Leica] Is there a 75mm Summicron-M?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:35:54 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> I was looking at Don Chatterton's page on new Leica equipment, and the only 75mm
> M lens I see is the Summilux, which is pretty expensive.  Is there no Summicron
> at this focal length?  I see one for 90mm (much less expensive than the
> Summilux, if you don't need the extra stop), but not for 75mm.
>
>   -- Anthony

The 75 with it's frameline was the last focal length for Leica (ten years ago?)
if you don't count the 24 which came out just a few years ago. My local repair
guy offered to take that framline out but I told him to put it on hold.
Quite a special purpose lens like a longer Noctilux with it's price and weight
compared to other Leica lenses and the Leica style of shooting. But very popular
and well thought of none the less.
There is a 2.5 made by the Japanese which seems promising, compact and of good
quality which I may not be able to pass up for comparable chump change. If that
frame line is in there screwing up my 50mm view I might as well use it. But you
never know what one might get for one's 80th birthday!
Mark Rabiner