Subject: RE: [Leica] Herr Cohn und Drang
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:55:49 -0000

> > >>>"There will be no M7"<<<
> >
> > Sounds almost ominous. EVER?!?
> >
> > - --Mike

I wasn't there. But...

Can't this simple statement be interpreted as saying that the M6 is the end
of the Leica mechanical rangefinder line. Period. It does not in any way
suggest that there won't continue to be refinements to the M6 - and, if you
think about it, "refinements" could ultimately include a new shutter, a much
higher top shutter speed, higher flash sync, even some sort of electronic
focusing "aid." And I am not suggesting that these refinements be made, or
that I want to see them.

All the statement really seems to suggest is that we aren't going to see a
G2/Konica from Leica.

B. D.