Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Johnston leaving and more
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:07:10 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> > I started shooting
> > all diagonals the they leaped off the page like they were
><Snip>

> I find that more and more I am almost exclusively shooting not diagonals,
> but horizontals - even for portraits...While I'm still doing some verticals,
> I prefer the horizontals because of the space they create around subjects,
><Snip>

I lean toward horinzontals for land and city scapes and verticals for shots of a
person. I love the 24x36 format. With a diagonal I have to decide if I'm going
to sign my name on the bottom or on the side of the print (in a special pencil)
so the viewer knows how to hold the print and look at it.
Mark Rabiner