Subject: Re: [Leica] DS M3 Problem
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:42:23 -0400

RAC-
I had the DS winding head go bad in my M#; Sherry Krauter at Golden Touch
Camera said she could replace the DS head OR upgrade it to SS- which I
did... Didn't cost anywhere near $1000- She did a CLA as well, and it is
came back, polished, buffed, and looking almost new as well as working like
a dervish!
I find that I have a tendency to pick it, or the IIIa, up and take them as
"TOTE" cameras when I am going out the door- you never know when a UFO, or
balloon will land in front of you... and I want to be ready!

It's funny- I have been carrying that thing around for MONTHS- and at over
25 stone, I an nearly invisible with it! The only person who ever noticed
the camera was a young kid _ about 15YOA, who commented, "Boy, that sure is
an old camera!"
I have to tell people, "I got it, thanks!" when I shoot, because they cannot
hear the shutter, and without a flash, they would stand there and grin like
'possums until the sun went down, unless you tell them, that you have the
shot!
Go for the repair!
Dan