Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-R lens Question
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:58:20 +0300

Francis Barista Sembiring wrote:

> What is Summicron and Summilux means in the 35 mm lens Leica-R system?

Summicron goes up to f/2 and Summilux up to f/1.4

> Is it true that the silver chrome R8 body weight more than the black
> one?

No.

> Is it true that the ASPH lens would give more contrast than other
> lens?

They are better at wider apertures.

> I am debating wheather to get the silver chrome or the black R8.

Silver looks new *much* longer, but black is less conspicuous.

> And the 35 f1.4 or the 35 f2 or the 35-70 f2.8 ASPH.

Get f/1.4 if you really intend to use that extra stop, because the lens
is so much more expensive. ASPH is nice, of course, but I am not sure
that an ASPH zoom could beat a non-ASPH prime lens.