Subject: [Leica] Re: Bad Address
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:59:07 -0400

At 24 Oct 1999 08:32:30 +0000, Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net> wrote:
> >http://krusty.oven.com/temp-displays/jpeg-nonmac-gamma/c3991013-16%5bescal%5d0705.jpeg
>

> Wish I could see this. My browser returns "Bad Address" when I point to
> it.

Bummer.  Guess that it's either the sort of URL-wrapping problem
others have suggested, or you're in some sort of DNS "shadow" with
respect to the oven.com domain.  A workaround for the latter is to
just substitute in the machine's IP address, thus:

http://204.143.186.94/temp-displays/jpeg-nonmac-gamma/c3991013-16%5bescal%5d0705.jpeg

(...and leaving the filename and a level of directory off should even
result in something short enough that all email clients should leave
it alone, and supply you with a more general entry point to boot:)

    http://204.143.186.94/temp-displays/

Computers.  Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em in the CPU.

 -Jeff