Subject: Re: [Leica] Austin, TX
From: Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:45:02 -0500

"phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com> writes:
>Work is taking me to Austin this coming week.
>As I have had excellent advices from local LUGers
>whereever I go, I once again asking for suggestions
>for photography opportunities, photo exhibits,
>places to hang out for photo ops, etc., etc.
>anything goes, basically.   Thanks.

By all means make sure you visit the David Douglas Duncan exhibit at the
Lyndon Baines Johnson Library on the UT campus.  You can find more
information on my Leica web page:  http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica

And my apologies for anyone having trouble accessing that page.  We've been
having trouble with that server.  I've set up an alternative but not fully
tested site at:  http://zebu.edb.utexas.edu/leica  Some of the links may
not work, but otherwise it should be OK.

Also on the UT campus at the Harry Ransom Center they have a collection of
historic photography items including the first known photograph.  My web
site above has a link for the Harry Ranson Center.

They've recently reopened the UT Tower observation to visitors, but times
are limited I think.

The weather is bright and clear with moderate temperatures right now, so
there should be good opportunity for outdoor photos.  Head west from Austin
for the Hill Country.  The UT campus is full of interesting buildings and
people.

If you have any questions or need anything please let me know.

Hope you enjoy your visit in Austin.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu