Subject: Re: [Leica] question on scanner set up
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:30:33 -0400

At 04:32 PM 10/22/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I've just taken delivery of a Nikon LS2000,  a new 600 PC with 256 RAM and
>an Epson Photo 750 printer. I shall, of course, be scanning Leica exposed
>film - on topic ;^).
>
>Between the scanner and the printer I have Nikon Scan 2.2.1, Photoshop 5.o
>LE, Silverfast 4, Adobe Photo Deluxe 3.0 and Epson Smartstitch.  As a
>complete beginner in digital printing, should I install all of these
>packages on the PC or stick to one or two. I want to print high quality A4
>size prints.
>
>All help greatly appreciated EXCEPT "I ought to have bought a Mac ;^)
>
>Regards,
>Doug McLernon
>Dublin, Ireland

Doug -

Definitely Photoshop 5.0.  With that you won't need PhotoDeluxe.  I use
both Nikon Scan and Silverfast.  Nikon for batch scanning and Silverfast
for more manipulation before the scan.  I'm not familiar with Epson
Smartstitch.  You should also go to Jon Cone's site and download the free
profiles for Epson Glossy and Inkjet paper.  They will give you perfect
results with no fussing.

Have fun!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP