Subject: Re : [Leica] G1 vs Leica
From: "capitaine francky" <francky@fluid.claranet.fr>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 07:29:48 +0200

I just trade my complete G2, 21,28,35,45,90 and tla  for a M6 and a
35 summilux asph
all the G lenses are very sharp, and i consider the 45 contax sharper than
the sum 50, but (and it's one of the reasons why i sell my G2) the leitz
lenses have a realy realy realy better relief rendition...
the G lenses are realy sharp, not expensive (very good color rendition) ,
but  in 35mm the M leitz are unbeatable .
Above all, what i hate in the contax G system is the F......ing batterys,
when they're dead, no photo...
I 'm always hesitating, before shooting, i'm using the focus lock buton a
lot, particulary with the 90, and the G don't like it, the batterys are
quikly tired
i hope the M7 (leica) it will work without batterys...
 My M7 (the mamiya) does not work without batterys but i never change them
for 1 year...:-)
- --
Franck Lequeux-Capellot
Paris-France