Subject: [Leica] prado250 anyone? anyone?
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:53:21 EDT

It's not Friday but this is more in the line of a "Wanted: Good Home" than a
real for sale sort of thing.

Going on the theory that anything made by Leitz is worth money, I bought at a
thrift store once a Prado 250 Leitz  slide projector, an interesting machine
in appearance if nothing else. It has sat in my darkroom, in a corner,
unloved and unadmired for lo these many years and I have decided it needs a
home where it is appreciated, or can at least accumulate a better grade of
dust.

So, Anyone interested in it? It has its original (I presume) suitcase type
case, cord and holders for both film strips and slides. There is an extra
bulb and the thing functions, including a fan.

Caveat: There is no lens. I use the lens that came with it on my much more
modern Leica slide projector (a pradovit 250 color), since it was a wider
angle than the one that came with it and works very nicely, thank you.

The sales pitch: Price is MOST reasonable.

I paid $3 and wish to make only a modest profit. Anyone willing to give me
any reasonable offer, plus shipping, can have it. Would $20 be too much, plus
shipping, for a genuine made in wetzlar piece of Leica machinery?  Shipping
will probably be that much as well, and I don't want to price it out of the
reach of all you single-malt afficianados. Remember I got to go to all the
trouble of packing the damn thing and hauling it down to UPS, which is way
the hell across town in Ogden, so cut me a little slack here.

Any of you guys passing through Utah any time soon, grab two 6-packs of St.
Pauli Girl Dark in Wyoming, stop  in Ogden and we'll swap, even. This is a
serious offer.

I have no way to load a picture, but if you go to the following e-bay auction
you will see a similarly designed Leitz projector, although not the same
model. Funky, no?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=184187637

Thank you for your consideration. I guarantee to remove all Utah dust before
shipment.

charles trentelman
Ogden, Utah