Subject: Re: [Leica] Your questions for the After Market Wizards
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:01:55 -0800

>Luggers
>
>Tonight I have the honour and pleasure of dining at the house of my
>neighbours Richard (disfromage) and Penny Wasserman. Joining us and their
>two sons will be Tom and Tuuliki Abrahamsson.
>
>Whilst I'm there, I'm thinking about trying to blackmail/persuade/bully/beg
>them to produce their current items for the LTM series. (I know Tom has
>talked about an ARW for LTM's before).
>Given the curent resurgence in LTM lenses, and to a lesser extent, bodies, I
>may also challenge them to come up with a new film advance adapter for the
>LTM advance knob, a handgrip for LTMs, and (really pushing it here) a set or
>sets of independent viewfinders with selectable framelines (say 21/24/28,
>35/50, 75/90/135)
>
>So, here is my question for the group:
>
>If YOU could have one gadget to make LTM life easier, what would it be? If
>(and it is likely) one of the millenium madness commemorative models from
>Leica is a IIIG or F clone with meter (a la M6), what single after market
>item would render it more practical in use?
>
>Alistair

alistair,

how dare you post this message after your recent posting (which was
reposted repeatedly just to torture me) announcing the sale of your iiif rd
st + elmar 50/3.5 red dial (for $750.!!!) - the exact body/lens combo of my
dreams (a luxury i still allow myself), now that i am virtually penniless
after the purchase of a new home!

since the innovative marvels you mention are still some time off (and i can
thus imagine i might be able to afford them), let me put in my humble
request, to be made during your blackmail/persuade/bully/beg session:

- - a thread mount rapid winder modeled after the beautiful scnoo.
- - handsome metal viewfinders modeled after the sbloo, sbkoo, slooz or
sbooi, in all focal lengths
- - a fine 28 sm lens, as compact as the hektor but faster than 6.3 and with
normal aperture settings
- - a strap that won't damage the chrome finish or the 'leather' covering
- - correct hoods and filters (at least a yellow green) for the most popular
sm lenses

that's all i can think of for now.

beg hard.

guy