Subject: [Leica] Re: keep M3 or G1
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:03:57 -0700

I'm also one who has owned and sold an M3, an M4-P (even a IIf and IIIf),
as well as most recently a full Contax G2+4 lens kit. I never regretted
selling any of them. I sold them because it was the right thing to do at
the time and never felt otherwise about my decision.

(Perhaps the only object I ever regretted selling was my wonderful and
still lamented 1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce ... but you can read
about that tragedy on my website... ;)

You sound ambivalent about both cameras. If you have a close personal
attachment to either camera that transcends its value as a photographic
tool, keep that one. Otherwise, keep the one you like to use more of the
time, and don't let yourself be fooled by rationalizations like "I have
more lenses for this one" or "I don't think I'll find another one like
this in as good condition if I ever want another". Creating photographs
is an craft which should involve the heart -- listen to yours and pick
the camera that appeals to it more.

One camera which you love to use is worth any number of cameras which you
don't.

Godfrey