Subject: Straight Facts, was RE: [Leica] Re: Selftimer in M6 TTL
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:27:04 -0400

Err, not.

M4-2's and M4-P'S can be modified to have a selftimer - I have seen them
with my own eyes. Some M4-2's came winder-ready with self-timer.
(OOOOoooohhhh, the collectors are salivating - oops sorry, they were made in
Canada, and so are worthless.) The Motorwinder mechanism is a separate piece
that attaches to the camera body instead of the baseplate, and has all its
own self-contained mechanism.

The M6 needs the space for the battery compartment.

Luggers, please only post responses to questions when you know the facts,
not when you have under-informed opinions.