Subject: Re: [Leica] Devils advocate
From: "S London" <srlondon@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:10:25 -0500

It seems that a lot of the trouble people have with the M6 loading system is
that since it is so different from comparable setups in modern SLRs and
point and shoots, they just have trouble trusting it.  I have found that if
the end of the film leader is advanced between the metal leaves of the
takeup spool and the holes in the edge of the film are lined up with the
sprockets on the rods in the camera, it is almost foolproof.  One key point
is to make sure that the film canister is tapped all the way down in its
spot so that the film will line up correctly on the first try.