Subject: [Leica] Leica's position at the end of the millenium
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 07:46:29 +1000

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Leica cannot stay complacent and new models or variants of models are
needed, but not because of this competition but because the Leica way
of photography needs some  fresh rethinking.
XXXXXXXXXXX

Erwin,

I got your "sense of humour" even if the others are a bit touchy ;-) It is
really hard to express any emotion or opinion in e-Mail without seemingly
offending someone. In any case ---

I do hope you are right. As you will have gleaned from my postings, I hope
Leica have more to offer the rangefinder community than just AE and a noisy
motor. The M6 is a fine instrument, and one that Leica would be loath to
tamper with too much, but they did show leadership with the design of the
R8, still in my opinion the best Manual SLR around, only they obviously are
a bit weak on "electronics". I remain hopeful that Leica will "break the
mould", and surprise us all.
cheers

Alastair Firkin