Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens recommendation
From: Aaron Ruby <aruby@rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:01:25 -0400

I've been using the 50/2.8 APO Rodagon for awhile also. I absolutely agree.
I've been nothing but ecstatic about the lens. The problem is, the APO Rodagon
80/4 is about 600 bucks at B&H--a bit much for my taste at the moment. The 105
APO Rodagon is a whopping 850 bucks. Considering that I'm just getting started
with serious MF work--prior to the Fuji I've been using a Holga, which is
obviously a much weaker link in image quality than any modern enlarger
lens--and given Mark and Harrison's comments to 'go bigger', I'm thinking a
Schneider Companon S 100/5.6 might be a good compromise at just under $350.

Best,

Aaron