Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V12 #68
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:23:15 -0400

Rob,

It seems sensitivity and sensibility are having less and less place on the
LUG.

I am constantly amazed by people like Erwin, Horst, Pascal, et al., for whom
English, let alone American English, is not their first language. Focusing
on Leica content, in concise, objective terms is their forte. The language
used contains technical errors, but very rarely shows stupidity or
arrogance.

The vast majority of American Luggers debase the language in content-free
posts, frequently containing vitriol. Leicas have been a tool of the most
humane, compassionate and visually lyrical photographers. What a shame that
the vast majority of LUG posts would lead the under-informed neophyte to
believe the opposite.

If only we could legislate for good behaviour (with apologies to Vaclav)

regards

Alistair