Subject: Re: [Leica] cameras and guitars
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:36:54 -0600

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> I'm not even sure that we can economically produce 24x36 CCDs.  An 8x10-inch CCD
> seems implausible.  Some other method of image capture will probably be
> necessary.  Currently, there is no other method, so film will rule in that realm
> until some sort of breakthrough occurs.

Well why not buy a lightweight flatbed scanner, fool it into thinking
the transparency adaptor's installed, and see if THAT works as a digital
scanning back? Might even work, for some very brightly-lit subject
matter.

I seem to recall seeing $6K prices for 6x6 digital scanning backs a
couple of years ago. None were really designed for easy field use, but
I'd love to try one for product shots.

Jeff