Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Modification
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:29:56 EDT

I have been entirely uninterested in digital cameras until very recently.
The quality seemed too poor to be of interest to me.  However, during the
last three weeks I have been become interested.  While the quality of the
images cannot rival film (yet), they seem useful for certain limited purposes.

My main concern is that unless one wants to spend over $15,000 for one of the
Nikon or Canon conversions (or the Lieca S), there is no way to get one with
high quality interchangable lenses.  I know that one company was working on a
system for replacing the back of a camera with a digital back.  Any news or
prospects on this?

I would be willing to pay a good chunk of money for a digital back for my
Leica, Contax or Canon cameras.

Tom Shea