Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Hood Use
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:40:02 -0400

I leave the hood on with all my M lenses for two reasons: 1) it acts to help
protect that large front element because I don't use a lens cap most of the
time, and 2) oblique light sources can degrade an image inside just as
readily, with fast glass, as the sun outdoors.

But your right, it does attract attention.  Try a col Sumicron with a rigid
hood.  Looks like a funnel on a hose!

JB