Subject: [Leica] Grow up....
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@clarence.hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:22:40 -0500

Good grief,  There come a point when the discussion on the lug becomes
ludicrous.

It is rather amazing how fast some are to write mostly to completely errant
posts.

Thank you to those who have done the math correctly...  I'm often impressed
by the level of intelligence on this list.... I'm also frustrated by the
lack of it at times...

Can we avoid nonsensical argumentative discussions on this list about
whether a telephone book is digital or not....
Phone numbers themselves are in one sense a digital representation... yet
they are recorded on paper in an analog form, some are bolded, some are in
different colors...  some are in different size fonts....  some are
smudged.... there are pictures, there are different weights of paper,  there
is a dot pattern on the color cover.....There is more information there than
pure numbers....  and you can argue till you are blue in the face because
you think you are right...

Either way.... whether you think I am completely right or wrong..... WHO
CARES!

Find something worthwhile to contribute to the LUG.... take the silliness
somewhere else... start another list to argue about digital vs. analog or
e-mail yourself and argue both sides..  Or better yet... take it off-line..

Duane