Subject: [Leica] RE: Kodaks recommendations ....every 30sec or every minute.... re ad carefully
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@clarence.hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:16:03 -0500

Ah....... if you read closely Kodak publication F-32..

Kodak recommends 30 second agitation intervals for 8 or 16 ounce tanks.... 1
or 2 reel tanks respectively...

It recommends once per minute for 20 ounce or larger tanks.....

They give lots of times and dilution details for the 8 and 16 ounce tanks
and virtually nothing for 20 ounce and zero for my personal standard 32
ounce/4 reels tank...

My conclusion is that they figure that people who develop 4 reels at a time
are professionals and are smart enough to run their own tests for any given
developer or dilution...  they probably also figure that they will not
expirement a lot and stick to one time and temp combination that works with
their method of agitation...

I personally came up with a time and temp that allows me to develop both 400
and 100 Tmax at the same time... it is D-76 1:1 at 70 degrees for 12
minutes... but there are lots of other factors involved in it..... method of
metering and exposing film, enlarger, paper and in theory water.

Either way,  the correct agitation interval is based on the size of the
tank..

Duane

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador