Subject: Re: [Leica] New Hexar RF
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:42:57 +0300

Guy Bennett wrote:

> as features go, the above items are as desirable to me as autofocus
> (i.e. not at all); they are the very things i was more than happy to
> live without in buying a leica rangefinder.

A quiet motor make one much less obtrusive, because fiddling with the
crank gives people the (correct) idea that you're taking their picture.

> for me, the hexar and is a moot camera. had i wanted a rangefinder
> with the features of an automatic camera, i would have bought a g2.

Those won't take those fast and cool Leica lenses and they autofocus
with very limited override capabilities.

> all of the recent discussion of the 'advantages' of the konica and
> cosina cameras has made me appreciate all the more my m6 and iiif.
>
> i'm happy with them the way they are.

The dinosaurs were a happy lot as well. Now we scrape them out of the
dirt to put them on display.

Bernard