Subject: Re: [Leica] my m6 stands out in the crowd....
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:39:56 -0400

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

>   so here's me this weekend, standing at an event w/ a bunch of EOS laden
> photo-j's. i've got my M6 around my neck, hands in my pockets, whistling a
> happy tune waiting for the magic to start when the photo-j standing next
> to me looks over and notices my leica.
>   "hey jim!" he yells over the crowd to another photographer.
>   jim looks over.
>   the first guy points to my leica.
>   "ha! ha! ha!" jim laughs very loudly. "Where'd you get that?" he wants
> to know, "a camera shop or a jewelry store?"
>   "ha! ha! ha!" laughs the first guy, "you shooting gold plated film?"
>
>   _whistle the happy tune_, i'm thinking, _just keep whistling the damn
> happy tune._
>
> kc

The Neanderthal was obviously jealous. I work occasionally around PJs
that I used to work with and they admire my Leicas. Usually, I'll have
one around my neck while working with EOS bodies with zooms. The Leica
is the grab camera- pre-set and pre-focused. It has its place even with
the other techno stuff.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/