Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film: Ilford XP2 Super
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:34:58 -0700

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> >I second this.  Thanks to its low gamma and wide lattitude, XP2 Super is
> >closest thing to being the all-around film I've ever used.
><Snip> rally forever.
>
> I'm 45 now, so presuming that I want to see them last until I die and I
> will live to be 100, that's a measly 3x their current age yet to come. I
> fully expect they'll be around to haunt me until I take my final
> photograph.
>
> What's the issue?
>
> Godfrey

Color negs can get darn hard to print after only 5 years. Crossovers set in. The
people at the rental color lab confirm this and I have experienced this directly
myself. But as black and white chromegic films are not an issue of different
color layers fading at different rates it is much less of an issue. They are
only one layer. And even those color negs getting ever more out of balance could
I'm sure be corrected in Photoshop.
Mark Rabiner