Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film: Ilford vs. TMax
From: "Ken Iisaka" <kiisaka@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:06:37 -0800

From: B. D. Colen <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 8:24 AM

> Not to be the geek here...but give Ilford XP2Super a chance...great tonal
> range, terrific exposure range, and have it thrown in the C41 processor at
> your neighborhood 60 minute "lab."

I second this.  Thanks to its low gamma and wide lattitude, XP2 Super is
closest thing to being the all-around film I've ever used.

There are definitely concerns about its longevity; however, even the
negative may perish, the print will.  For someone who will never make money
from photography, this is satisfactory.