Subject: [Leica] Re: ...minilux hyperfocal...
From: "claire" <clairetm@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:21:00 +0800

Dear Richard,
U wrote......

"....I meant the green dot on the AF mark.  Try it. Set the aperture at f8.
Set the AF mark at the same place (f8, which will be where the white
mark is).  You read the focus at the P mark. It is at 7m.  This is
hyperfocal for f8. The DOF will be from 3.5m to infinity, but there is
no way to read this from the scales.

In order to read DOF on the Minilux there would have to be a special
DOF scale as there is on some SLR lenses.

I'm looking at a 50mm SLR lens right now. The aperture is f11. If I
put infinity on the 11 mark on the DOF scale, the focus at at about
8m, and the DOF is from 4m to infinity, but it is not focussed at 4m.

All you can read on the Minilux scale is the focus, not the DOF, and
it works as I have described. You would have to use the DOF table
to get that information......"

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Was this ever mentioned in the manual ?
Its a valuable piece of info for any Minilux owner.

TMLee